|VOLUNTEER PROFILE||LEVEL OF FITNESS|
|An energetic, conservation-minded person who is seeking to create unforgettable memories whilst learning about and participating in operations of an Australian Wildlife Park.||Above Average|
Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is currently re-designing our Volun-Tourism program. This program will re-open for bookings in 2016. The updated program will offer international visitors and interested Aussies the opportunity to work amongst our feathered, scaly and furry native friends alongside professionals from the animal and environmental industry, to assist with care for our animal collection and their habitat.
This program is designed for people visiting the Gold Coast for a short period of time, and will consists of a one week placement experience. Please check back later for updated information and more details about the 2016 program. Thank you for your interest. We hope to see you volunteering at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary sometime soon.
Voluntourism Program Activities
- Safety induction
- Koala feeding rounds
- Animal keeper rounds and working side by side with a keeper
- Engaging in animal husbandry work (cleaning, feeding, observing, record keeping)
- Vegetation management rounds (weeding, planting, pond work)
- Enclosure maintenance – working with the Wildlife Keepers to carry out refurbishments in animal enclosures (mulching, cleaning and substrate changes)
- Assisting horticulture staff in planting and designing the gardens. If available, this may include a visit to our Koala fodder plantation sites
- Wildlife hospital work cleaning enclosures, preparing animal diets and observing with animal care procedures
No applications are currently being accepted for this program. Please revisit this page later for more information about the 2016 program.