Tree top Challenge
Please note the TreeTop challenge will not be available on the morning of March 27th. Availability will return to normal at 12:30pm.
Located inside Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, the TreeTop Challenge will get your adrenaline pumping! With 80 huge TreeTop Challenges, including 11 insane ziplines – such as the awesome Croc Shock where you literally zipline over Crocodiles! – we guarantee you will have an unforgettable day of thrills, action and adventure.
You will encounter five large courses while traversing through pristine bushland, high up in the Currumbin treetops. If you pay close attention you may even catch a glimpse of a Tasmanian devil or be thrilled by the eerie howl of an alpine dingo as you pass high above their enclosure! After your experience at the TreeTop Challenge there is an abundance of other activities to engage in on ground level. Hand-feed kangaroos and snap a #kangarooselfie for Instagram and Facebook, connect with our brilliant Animal Trainers in the many wildlife shows, and sit down to a delicious meal in one of the many cafes.
The TreeTop Challenge is Australia’s first and largest adventure theme park in the trees and now has two huge locations across the Gold Coast, located at Mount Tamborine, between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and inside Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The TreeTop Challenge is an aerial adventure activity for the young and old alike, with courses designed to test every fitness level. Spanning through acres of un-spoilt natural bushland a combination of rope and wire challenges provides the opportunity to conquer your fears, discover lush Australian bushland and have a whole lot of fun! You will hang about in the trees, climb ladders, balance on suspended bridges and jump on up to huge ziplines (flying foxes) – with many spanning over 120 metres! – it’s great fun, very high and best of all, it’s super safe!
All safety equipment (helmet, harness and gloves) is supplied and participants are fully instructed on its usage before beginning the course. Qualified supervisors are present throughout to guide adventurers and ensure their safety at all times. All you are required to bring are closed-in shoes and a daredevil attitude!
To complete all the courses you will need approximately 3.5 hours. Your entrance fee covers all of your equipment hire and access to the courses for the entire duration of your visit.
Monday to Friday session times –
- 9:30am and 12.30pm (excluding school holiday periods)
Weekend session times –
- 9.30am start with new sessions starting every 30min
PLEASE NOTE: TREETOP CHALLENGE IS CLOSED 25 & 26 DECEMBER
Last entry for the entire course is 2.30pm with 5pm being closing time.
TreeTop Challenge Conditions of Entry
- In these Conditions of Entry, “Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary” includes the owner and operator of Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and all Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary staff.
- Currumbin TreeTop Challenge is designed to be more challenging as you move through the three levels. You are welcome to take a break at the end of any course if you wish.
- The TreeTop Challenge courses have been designed for children and adults alike to maximise family fun, fitness and team building. However, participants must be able to comfortably reach 160cm to enter. To measure yourself or a child, stand with flat feet on the ground and raise arms above head with hands outstretched. Measure from the ground to the middle of the palm of the hand. To continue to the advanced-level “Black Course”, participants must be able to reach 180cm.
- Children under 18 require a parent/adult to sign the consent form. It is recommended that children under 14 are supervised by an adult throughout the TreeTop Challenge at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The TreeTop Challenge activity will require you to conquer any fears of heights and is suitable only for persons physically and mentally able to sustain a minimum of physical exertion and stress.
- The TreeTop Challenge sadly is not recommended for pregnant women or people with brittle bones, heart problems, epilepsy, high blood pressure or any other adverse medical condition.
- The equipment provided (gloves, harnesses, helmets, ropes and pulleys) is checked daily by our staff and must be used according to the instructions given.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn to do the activities.
- Long hair must be tightly tied back.