Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is proud to offer outstanding, value for money educational programs to Childcare and Vacation Care groups. Our main objective is to work with class teachers and carers, to develop children’s lifelong learning, through knowledge and understanding, investigation, communication and reflection.
Education groups are free to explore the wonders of the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary with general admission into the park. Students can participate in the world-famous lorikeet feeding, ride the train, feed kangaroos and see our spectacular Free Flight Bird Show. Maximise your students’ learning by including one of our vast array of educational programs with the flexibility to tailor-make programs to meet your National Curriculum needs.
CHILD CARE/OSHC/VACATION CARE Admission Rates
- $12.95 per student Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary General Admission
- One free-of-charge teacher to every five paying students
- Admission for additional teachers and parents $24.95 per person
- Pat and Chat (+ $3.50pp)is a 30- 45 minute session, taught by a qualified education officer, uses live animals to teach various topics tailored to your curriculum requirements. This is presented exclusively to your school
Lesson Topics Include
- Food webs
- Endangered species
- Life cycle
- Food chains
- Basic classification
- Invertebrates / minibeasts
- Words in the Wild (early years)
Education presentation price is $7.50 per person on weekends
- Koala Cuddle Photos $7.00 per student
- Kangaroo feeding $2.00 per bag of food
- Minimum group size ten
Please see our Teacher’s Resources to help you plan your excursion and download free workbooks for the appropriate year levels.