Get up close and personal to one of Australia’s biggest icons. Learn about the koala’s features, habitat, reproduction, gum species preferences and other quirky little facts about these gorgeous critters.
Meet some of our Koala families inside their Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary homes. At the completion of your experience you will hold one of everyone’s favourite little Aussie legends whilst having a professional photograph to capture your experience.
Name: Koala Behind the Scenes Experience
Days Available: Everyday
Time: 3:15 PM
$79 per person including entry
$49 per person upgrade when in park
Price includes a guided tour inside one of our largest koala enclosures with unlimited photo opportunities for the professional or amateur photographer or for those who just want to be in the presence of one of Australia’s iconic animals. The experience includes a professional photo holding a Koala, this hold of the koala is subject to the keepers judgement on height and those children too small can have a cuddle photo with either a keeper holding the koala or with the koala situated in a tree.
All children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Positions Available: 10
To secure your booking today call Visitor Members services on 07 55 340 879 to avoid disappointment.
What’s the difference?
At Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary we offer two different Koala Experiences, The Koala Behind the Scenes Experience, a guided exclusive 25 minute tour of our koala enclosure to get up close and personal with the koalas and learn all about their lives. Includes a professional photo holding a koala*
The Koala Cuddle & Photo Experience ONLY includes a photo opportunity of the koala with one member of the group holding the koala*.
Terms and Conditions
- All children participating in the encounter must be accompanied by a supervising (paying) adult
- Daily interaction with the Koala may vary
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the keeper and if they fail to do so may be removed from the program and not issued a refund.
- The program may cease at any given time at the keepers discretion
- Personal cameras will be allowed to be used during the encounter
- Hands must be clean and sanitizer will be available both before and after the encounter
- All participants are required to answer any safety briefing questions asked by the keepers and must inform the keeper of any allergies/reactions prior to participating on this encounter.
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary does not take responsibility for any injuries that are received during the experience; first aid will be available on location if required.
- An official photograph will be taken during the encounter and will be available 30minutes after the experience has taken place from the photography counter at the front entrance. The price of the program includes one photograph per person.