During the school holidays, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary offers the ultimate Eco Ranger experience. Kids aged 6-12 years can experience and interact with the Sanctuary’s wildlife and learn about conservation through fun games and activities.
- An exclusive train ride for Eco Rangers
- Exclusive animal shows and talks for Eco Rangers – Learn about wildlife and pat a critter or two
- Free Flight Bird Show
- Fun games and activities about wildlife conservation
- Explore Wild Island playground
- Animal feed out activities – Feed and pat roos (please note roo food contains nut traces) and watch keepers feed various animals (watch different animal feeds every second day)
- Vet hospital veranda tour – Monday, Wednesday and Friday only
- Food Preparation tour – Tuesday and Thursday only
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea (see booking page for more information)
- Photo with one of our native Australian animals
*Activities are subject to change depending on animal health and safety and weather
This all day supervised experience starts at 8.30am and concluded at 4pm.
Eco Rangers School Holiday Experience is open to children aged 6-12 years. (Please be aware that Eco Rangers is not designed for children aged 5 years and under. The itinerary includes a lot of necessary walking and toileting assistance is not available or appropriate.)
Who supervises the children?
Children are supervised and guided by experienced Eco Ranger Guides who are professional educators with blue cards.
When is it held?
The Eco Rangers School Holiday Experience is held most school holiday periods for selected dates only (excludes September 2017 school holidays). Click on the pricing and booking to see upcoming dates.
Is each day the same?
The theme each day is the same – All Creatures – with some slight variation of activities between each day.
What do children need to bring?
- BYO morning tea if additional and/or alternative is required (see menu for more information)
- A water bottle – There will be opportunities to refill bottles throughout the day
- Pack your child a light back pack! – The itinerary includes a lot of necessary walking (carrying back pack)
- Must wear enclosed footwear
- Must wear a hat and sunscreen (BYO) at all times
- We recommend children wear older clothes as they may be patting animals and handling animal food
- Adequate protection for all weather conditions including a hooded rain coat
Children must be signed in and out by parent or guardian. They must be signed out and picked up no later than 4pm.
Can I change the date or get a refund if my child can’t attend?
Please note that places are limited and we are unable to accommodate date changes or provide refunds or credits.
Do I have to pay for parking while I drop of my child/ren?
Parking is free while you are dropping off/picking up and signing in/out your child. Please tell the carpark attendant that your child is booked into Eco Rangers.
Can I book my child and their friend together to ensure they will be together on the day?
- We require parents/guardians complete the online booking form for their child to ensure we have correct emergency contacts and allergy/special needs information.
- Arrange with your friend to book on the same day. Children can be placed in a group together on the day.
I am a National Trust of Australia (Qld) member, does my child receive a discount?
Use the coupon code ntaq at the checkout to receive a 10% discount. Staff processing your booking will check that your membership is current
MENU AND ALLERGIES
Monday, Wednesday and Friday menu:
- Morning Tea – Optional apple(May have come into contact with nut traces*) – BYO morning tea if additional and/or alternative is required
- 11am Lunch – Chicken nuggets, chips and water (Contains dairy, gluten, soy protein, egg and chicken. May contain nut traces* – Gluten Free and Vegetarian lunch option can be pre-ordered if allergy indicated on online booking form. Unfortunately our kitchen is unable to cater on the day as food needs to be pre-ordered. Please indicate ALL food allergies)
- Afternoon Tea – Chocolate Chip cookie (May contain traces of nuts*, dairy, eggs and gluten – Please BYO alternative if required) and Peter’s Lemonade Icy-pole.
Tuesday and Thursday menu:
- Morning Tea – BYO morning tea if additional and/or alternative is required – Optional apple is now offered (May have come into contact with nut traces*)
- 11am Lunch – Cheeseburger (with tomato sauce), chips and water (Contains dairy, gluten, soy, egg, beef, wheat flour, semolina wheat, soy flour and tomato sauce. May contain traces of sesame seeds and nuts* – Gluten Free and Vegetarian option can be pre-ordered if allergy indicated on online booking form. Unfortunately our kitchen is unable to cater on the day as food needs to be pre-ordered. Please indicate ALL food allergies)
- Afternoon Tea – Banana cake (May contain traces of nuts*, dairy, eggs and gluten – Please BYO alternative if required.) and Peter’s Lemonade Icy-pole.
*We use/cook with nuts in the kitchen on a daily basis and cannot guarantee that anything on the menu has no nut traces other than the Peter’s Lemonade Icy-pole. Please BYO morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea for all nut allergies. We can offer GF and V lunch option and may be able to cater for other food allergies (other than nut allergy) if indicated on online booking form (Not on the day as food needs to be pre-ordered). Failure to disclose any medical condition may result in your child being excluded from activities for their health and safety. We will contact you to discuss serious food allergies, full ingredients and allergy options (even if your child has done Eco Rangers before).
Our Kangaroo food contains nut traces
Our roo food contains nut traces. If your child has a nut allergy please indicate allergy on the online booking form. Failure to fully disclose any medical condition may result in your child being excluded from activities for their health and safety. We will contact you to discuss (even if your child has done Eco Rangers before).
Please note we have multiple allergens in our environment
Please be aware that we have multiple allergens in our environment e.g. Nuts, dairy, eggs and other common allergens are in both human and animal food as well as contaminants on food outlet and animal exhibit furniture such as gates etc. at the kangaroo paddock and railings in the lorikeet arena feeding area. Accidental ingestion is possible as some children have a tendency to put their hands in their mouths. Please indicate ALL allergies on online booking form.
Children who are English as second language or have mobility issues
Eco Rangers School Holiday Experience should be suitable for children who have beginner English levels just as long as they can understand basic instructions from our Eco Ranger Guides. They will probably feel more comfortable with a fluent English speaking sibling or friend who can assist with communication. Please indicate English as second language in special needs on the online booking form.
The itinerary includes a lot of necessary walking. Eco Rangers can walk up to 8km per day as our Sanctuary is 27 hectares! Please consider this if your child is on crutches or similar. Please indicate mobility issues in special needs on the online booking form.