Become a Creature Keeper these school holidays at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary! Run by highly experienced professionals in wildlife care, this program is designed for 12-17 year olds with a keen interest in wildlife. It is a real zoo experience and gives teenagers exposure to working in the zoo environment.
Creature Keepers has a different animal focus each school holidays such as birds, mammals and reptiles. See below for the types of activities that make up each program.
- Reptiles– January holidays – Learn how to handle and bag a snake and a lizard, learn about enclosure design, and visit the hospital deck to find out about the reptiles that come into our care. In the food preparation area see how we prepare food for our reptiles and have your photo taken by a professional with one of our reptiles.
- Birds– April holidays –Learn husbandry techniques for aviary birds and how to make enrichments. Discover how exhibits and enclosures are designed and visit the hospital deck to find out about the birds that come into our care. Learn what we feed our birds in the Sanctuary and discover how we check on the development of chicks while they are still inside the egg! Meet one of our Wedge tailed eagles and have professional photo with one our amazing birds.
- Mammals– July holidays – Learn koala husbandry techniques and interact with our kangaroos to discover how and why we must do kangaroo observations. Make enrichments and feed them to various mammals. Learn about exhibit design for mammals and visit the hospital deck to find out about the mammals that come into care. Find out what we feed our animals and how it is prepared. Have a professional photo with one of our mammals.
- Conservation & Research – September holidays – Learn about koala breeding, and the animals that are part of our research programs. Visit the hospital deck and find out about the animals that come into our care and how we return them to the wild. Learn about cane toads and how you can control their population at home. Have fun with our planting activity, growing habitat for the future. Have a professional photo with “Yella” the Yellow tailed black cockatoo.
• Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary General Admission
• Guided by experienced Wildlife Education Officers
• Includes morning tea and lunch
• Photo of your child with one of our native Australian animals
• Information pack
• Excludes TreeTop Challenge
• Excludes Segway Safari®
• Excludes Surf World Gold Coast®
• Excludes Superbee Honeyworld®
• Creature Keepers Holiday Program is open to children aged 12-17 years
• 8:15am -3:00pm
See Ticketing for dates & prices