Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter is Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (ABN 13 628 586 699) and is a declared “community and charitable organisation” under the Gaming Regulation Act 2003 (registration no. 46359).
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Entrants must be aged between 6-12 and must be able to attend visits to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (Travel to and from Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is not included and will be at your own expense).
4. The promotion commences on 10/10/16 and concludes on 30/11/16 at 11:59 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter the competition, create a 30 second video, upload it to YouTube as an unlisted or public video and complete the form on www.cws.org.au/conservation-champion including the link to your video.
6. There is only one entry permitted per person. In the case of multiple entries the first entry will be considered the valid submission. The person submitting the video must be the creator of the video and it not include copyright material belonging to any other party without being able to show written permission to use that material.
7. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of submission. Incomplete, inaudible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
8. There will be one judging at the conclusion of the promotional period. Entries close 30/11/16 at 11:59pm. Judging will take place at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary on the 7/12/16 and winners will be notified by email.
9. All judging will take place at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary by a panel nominated by the Sales & Marketing Department. Winners will be notified by email and their name published on the website (cws.org.au), through press release and on social media.
10. Entrants must have the approval of a Parent/Guardian.
11. Prizes: 2 x Junior Conservation Champions be chosen (1 male and 1 female) and each will receive:
1 x Household family 12 month National Trust of Australia membership (Value: $199).
1 x $100 Food and Beverage Voucher to be used at Sanctuary Cafe and/or Wild Burgers (Value: $100).
1 x Gift Pack with Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary merchandise and apparel (Value: $100).
1 x Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary Junior Conservation Champion kit, including; junior uniform, hat, and name badge (Value: Priceless).
1 x Currumbin Wildlife Hospital Experience: Go into the wildlife hospital, spending some time with the vets and looking after native Australian animals (Value: Priceless).
1 x Wildlife Keeper Experience: Venture into the enclosure of one of our Native Wildlife. Experience what it is like to be one of our amazing animal keepers, helping to feed and look after one of the animals at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary.
12. Total maximum prize pool is valued at $1200 (inc. GST).
13. The promoter will contact winners following the completion of the competition for the delivery of prizes. Winners must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the collection of prize.
14. Entrants agree to the use of their name, image and communications to be used in the promotion of Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and the Junior Conservation Champion Competition. Winners will be filmed throughout their experiences which will be used as promotional content for Junior Conservation Champion Competition, Currrumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, and Kids on Conservation Trail. Winners will be expected to visit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for their prizes and on at least two additional times where appropriate.
15. The Bonus Prize for schools includes books, an educational gift pack and 1 class visit to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary for up to 60 children. Class visit does not not include travel, Segway Safari, TreeTops Challenge, food and beverages or any additional paid items. Entrants must nominate their school at the time of submission.
16. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
18. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
20. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, subject to any written directions given by the various Lottery Departments, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it’s determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State Regulation.